First, I realized I never wrote about my weekend with my friends from high school. We had a great time though as always it was WAY to short and this time the early race time and the late arrivals the night before wiped us out. Next year we are headed somewhere quiet and relaxing and doing nothing but what we do best... chatting! We missed you Shelly & Sue! My friends got me started on Facebook so now I have yet another site to check in on when the kids let me.
This past Friday night we had friends over and with 9 kids in the house, things were pretty wild. We had a dinner theater; pizza and brownies were followed by a kid produced & acted play and musical. Too funny. Those pictures are reserved for Wordless Wednesday.
Saturday the boys headed to the UVA game so Nyah, Brynn and I headed out for lunch and a bit of shopping. Nyah is fascinated by Christmas lights - yelling, screaming, and bouncing if we go by the section of the store that has the lighted lawn ornaments. It is so funny to see her get so giddy. Brynn informed me, after passing the only house in the neighborhood that has their holiday decorations up, that we are the only house without our decorations up and the day after Thanksgiving is just "so long away."
Today the kids helped Grandpa and Grandpa decorate their Christmas tree. I know that Grandma is there tonight unclumping the clumps and filling the bare patches and I promised I would give her 24 hours before we visited in case the kids remember where they placed the ornaments. Last year there were no issues; this year, with Nyah around, their tree has a few less ornaments and the landfill is a little fuller. The kids enjoyed the cookies and hot chocolate after their hard work. Brynn and Nyah lasted the longest. Evan was intense while he was at it - finding the perfect spot while still clutching the football in fear someone else would want it.





No comments:
Post a Comment