We just might be the last American family without a single dvd player in our vehicles. That combined with the fact that we live almost an hour from shopping centers leads to many interesting conversations during the moments when the kids are not fighting with each other.
Doug and I spend lots of time answering questions like, "What does M-O-T-S-X spell?" and "What is 20 + 50 + 99?" Then sometimes, things are said that perhaps we should not laugh at asFor example (and if you are easily offended, skip over and if you are an English major, ignore the punctuation 'cause I tried hard):
Evan - "Mom, Price just hit me in the balls."
Me - "Evan!"
Doug - "Evan, how about 'hit me in the sack?'"
Me, looking disgusted, "No, how about, 'in the privates?'"
Evan - "Mom, Price just hit me in the cannolis."
So, while I am thrilled that Evan's preschool teachers tell me he has really come out of his shell these few weeks, because he has always been pretty quiet outside of our house and friend's houses, it also scares me! He has spent the majority of his life playing with older boys.
Then there was this conversation:
Evan - "Mom, there are two really bad words that begin with F."
Me, my mind preparing a lecture, - "And they are?"
Evan - "Fart and fat."
I am thankful for his innocence. I am thankful that his older brothers choose not to add to the conversation.
So this is titled Car Talk, Part 1 because I am sure more will come back to me or there will be new conversations to record so when I have the urge to spit out my tea, I can come back and reread my blog.


.jpg)
7 comments:
Ok, Mitch, Garrett and I are reading this and are cracking up! Thanks for the laugh~
Oh my gosh! This post cracked me up. :-) Probably because we've had similar conversations in our car.
This is the kind of stuff that would make a terrific book one day. If only I'd remember to write it all down. Hah! Who am I kidding.
We don't have a DVD player either. We have one that we put in just for long distance travel. That's it. So life is pretty interesting on a typical car ride.
Too funny!!! You gotta love boys!! Everyone needs a boy to experience the bodily functions and the talk of bodily functions!!!! LOL!!! I give up with my boys and poor Sophie will she stay my prissy girl or will she be saying "Fart" as one of her next English words!!! UGGHHH!!!!!
LOL!!! Thanks for keeping it real, Love it:)
We have the thing on that holds the dvd player but nothing inside it. One more thing they all would fight over!
Thanks for the belly-laugh this morning! Evan is just too funny for words. It is both a curse and a blessing that he is still too innocent to censor himself.
And an aside to Sherrie...bets are being taken right now.
I am cracking up, laughing at this! This is very similar to many conversations we hear and have with our boys. Nice to know we're not alone!
(Oh, and your brother has taught our boys to call it their, "junk". So much for us mommies teaching nice "privates" alternatives!)
Please let me join you in the club of parents without car DVD players. Call me old school but I lived my whole life without TV in the car so I figure Ava can get by with toys and books like I did.
Heck, Ava is 19 months old and has no idea of who Elmo or any other TV character is. Is that sad?
Love the new f words - I totally agree that fat should be a bad word. :) At least in my current vocabulary anyway.
Post a Comment