Friday, May 1, 2009

Being a team player...

Nyah is cracking us up lately because she is trying so, so hard to be just like the others. Every Thursday and Saturday, she watches Price, Evan, and Brynn get ready for soccer. The Thursday before last she decided she wanted to be a part of the action and she grabbed Evan's jersey and put it on. It is twice as big as she is. Then on Saturday she tried to do it again but since it was game day she couldn't borrow the jersey again so luckily, Caleb and Price have been on "green" teams before so I was able to find an old jersey for her to wear...

April30_09 018

Then on Monday, I laid out Brynn's dance tights, leotard, and skirt for dance class. Next thing I know, Nyah is running through the house with the skirt under her dress, peaking out just enough so you can see black netting under her pink dress but with enough hidden to give her dress a little poofiness. She refused to take it off, even that night at the ballfield.

nyah_skirt

Um, yeah, Nyah insists on doing her own hair lately.

I think it is quite funny that I have two daughters who love to dress in oddball things (Brynn has worn a tiger costume hat and this pink winter hat to stores this week in 90+ degree heat) and think it is even more hysterical that others may think that these are the clothes I picked out for them to wear.

brynn_hat

I do have my limits and while so far I have not felt the need to make an issue over their fashion choices, I will put a stop to it all if Nyah tries to wear Caleb's singlet next wrestling season. Over clothes, fine. Alone, no way!

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

LOL!!!! That could be a post written by me!!!!