Sunday, May 17, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Between school ending and sports, things here are BUSY! School is out for the "big" kids in 5 days so I get to visit the school a few times for ceremonies this week for them while Doug ~ the Principal ~ celebrates with his high-schoolers, ending with graduation this Friday. So here are some of things that kept us busy this week.

First, I finally finished going through all the dance recital pictures and I got a few decent ones in spite of the crazy lighting. Here is my favorite...

brynn_recitalpractice (4)

And this one I like because it captures Brynn's personality. Notice she is one of the only dancers not sitting still during the "awards" at the end and of course she is in the front...

B_dancerecital (18)

This week was also the last week of preschool so both Evan and Brynn "graduated" on Friday night. Don't they clean up nicely?

May15_2009 032

Here is Evan getting his certificate. Ms. Susan announced what each child stated he or she wanted to be when they grew up. Evan wants to be a basketball player.

preschool_graduation (31)

Here is Brynn. She wants to be Super Girl.

preschool_graduation (29)

Here is a candid of the kids with their friend Carter at the reception. You'll see a few more of these these later this week. Gotta love how Brynn created a wound on her face (scratching an itch) right before a great evening for photos... I erased the wound out of the above picture of her and Evan.

preschool_graduation (33)

Saturday was also the last day of soccer. Evan played his last game of soccer just as he has every other one... with intensity. Check out his face. He has the same face in almost every shot I take.

May16_2009 040

I was glad they won this game (Evan always knows even if no one else keeps score) because last week they did not and Evan realized that they were going to be beat by the second quarter and played the rest of the game even more fiercely than usual (didn't know that was possible until I saw it), but with tears in his eyes so therefore, I had tears in mine too!

Brynn, on the other hand, is the complete opposite from Evan. I'm not sure she often knows she is there to play soccer.

May16_2009 008

She prefers the Gat*orade!

May16_2009 027

Okay, at least this week she did kick the ball 3 times and 2 times she did so in the right direction. It was her best game to date. :) I think she knew her trophy was in a box on the side of the field and wanted to prove she deserved one.

I had to bribe the kids to acknowledge my presence just to get them to look at me for this picture. The soccer balls on the trophies spin so that was much more interesting than mom at the moment.

May16_2009 055

Price missed a baseball game to play in his last soccer game. Last week he missed soccer to play baseball so it seemed right. He scored a goal and hadn't in a while (he has been playing a lot of defense) so that was a good way to end the season.

May16_2009 002

Unfortunately, at the same time, his baseball team was suffering its first loss. But there is still a lot of season left to redeem themselves. Here is Price on first... ready run around the bases to score from his mid-week game.

May15_2009 017

I need to get more baseball pictures of Caleb but since Doug helps the teams out, I typically am on playground duty while trying to watch so that has been tough.

May15_2009 012

One of these days my husband will realize how soccer heavy this blog is and will make sure I get some baseball pictures! Doug was a hero last week when he rescued all of us from this bird-sized critter that flew into our bowl-like overhead light in the kitchen and couldn't get out but whose attempts to do so could be heard throughout the house for hours. The kids think Dad let him go free far away from the house outside and, well, I guess that could have happened...

May6_2009 005

I'll almost end with a picture of Nyah ready for a day's outing. She picked out her accessories herself. Doesn't she look touristy?

May15_2009 006

I've been posting some pictures over on my photography blog ~ capturingslife.blogspot.com ~ here is one of the newer ones. Visit us there too!

May17_2009 014

Until later this week...

No comments: