
I know I said I was going to do a post about each of our athletes but I am still working on taking those pictures (one child one sport left... well a redo... you will see my previous attempt on Wordless Wednesday). So I will start with the one that is too little to participate... Miss Nyah. Here she is covered in blue icing from the Mother's Day cake yesterday; she didn't even realize it until she asked to see the pictures I was taking...
Nyah lately has been cracking us up more than ever, if that is even possible. Yesterday, perhaps in honor of Mother's Day, she treated my mom and I to foot massages. I am not sure where she got the idea from; they are nothing we have ever done in our house. The funniest part is that she appeared to know that she should be using some fluidy thing before rubbing so she started off by licking her hands before rubbing. Mom ran and got the lotion pretty quickly after that...
A few weeks ago at her three year old appointment the nurse attempted to check her vision. No participation. Referral to eye specialist. They didn't even try the hearing test, just gave us a referral for one of those specialists too. Since then we have had a developmental screening done at the elementary school due to concerns we have about her speech. They tried to test her hearing there. One or two times, in one ear, she let us know she heard something but really, she wasn't willing to particiate. But since then, we see this frequently:
Notice the hand by her ear? And a few minutes later... same hand to the ear, crooked head pose:
She does it when she hears a noise not related to what she is doing. And each time she says, "Nyah heered dat." So, obviously she does things on her own timeline... not sure weeks late will cut it in the "real world" there Nyah.
The teachers at the evaluation also pointed out that Nyah almost always refers to herself as Nyah and never says, "I" and now I notice that all the time.

Since her evaluation, and even between the first screening for speech and the more intense one, her vocabulary has blossomed. Still a lot of not-understandable stuff but now it comes in paragraphs and not sentences. One of her favorite phrases is "~insertname~
Other things about Nyah... she is VERY animated, she calls all bugs "ladybugs", she loves flip-flops and skirts, she sneaks drinks out of the cabinets and steals money from everyone's room, she loves to open the mail and while the envelope is ripped into a million pieces, the mail inside is always in perfect condition, she loves her sunglasses, Phin*aus & F*rb, and just being silly.
She will fiercely defend a sibling if we get mad at one of them and we fear she and Evan, once they are teenagers, are going to be quite a challenging duo.
She wants to wear underwear and is doing pretty well with it, but I don't push it because I am sure her stubborn side will take over and she might just be 12 before she tries again.
She is 100% rotten... both in a sneaky way and in a spoiled way.
And 100% beautiful!












2 comments:
Oh my, the spit massage is to darn funny. The photo of the girls and your mom is beautiful as is every photo you took of Nyah.
100% beautiful is right!
Oh how I love her! I though it may have been me that was mean to her all day...I hear that sometimes over here too! These pics are all just beautiful Kate~
Post a Comment