Saturday, May 22, 2010
Brynn's Soccer Stories and Score...
Ah, Brynn the soccer player... each trip to the field was an adventure in itself and I do wish that I had spent time after each game writing down specifics... her words, her actions, her interactions with others... because there was never a dull moment!
Brynn was also on Spike (with Evan). This was Brynn's third season playing. She did not play in the fall so it had been a year since she was on a team and I will say that she was a much better player this time out. She would run after the ball and get her foot on it fairly often. She did not once ask even once this season to use the bathroom in the middle of the game, though she did yell across the field a few times asking if it was snack time yet and if I would bring her her drink!
Brynn went to each game VERY pumped up to play. Each game was going to be the game where she kicked the ball a million times, ran as fast as she could the whole time, and scored lots.
Sometimes that enthusiasm lasted a few minutes and sometimes, well, it did not. Distractions such as the water cooler, the netting of the goal, or even her own imagination became too much to ignore.
The best part of watching Brynn play was her excitement when she kicked the ball. She would stand there and cheer for herself and sometimes yell over to us to make sure we saw it with both hands giving us a thumbs up sign.
She did score a goal this year and I missed taking a picture of it but it was a great moment... Evan passed her the ball and she dribbled it a bit and then took a shot. She stood there a moment in disbelief and then was all smiles and cheers.
And of course, the best part of the season for Brynn was the ending, when the sweet much-desired trophy was in her hands!
Next up for Brynn is machine-pitch baseball. So far t-ball has been her favorite sport so it will be interesting to see if this more challenging level is as fun for her. And she is BEGGING me to let her join the swim team. And she wants to do soccer camp... I can't wait to see the boys high school coach and his players on that first day when Brynn comes bouncing onto the field, LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
I love me some Brynn, her enthusiasm, her sense of humor, and her all around zest for life!!
Post a Comment