Thursday, May 22, 2008

A bit too chatty...


Brynn is such a talker and while it is great her language is clearer, there are moments I wish I still was debating speech intervention. Thankfully, she is very clear each of the 10+ times a day she says "darn it" because I would be more upset if people were questioning what she was saying. I am going to try to stop saying that when I am frustrated in hopes she will forget.

Yesterday she asked me how babies got in tummies. Now her three older brothers have never asked that (they have asked how babies get out but to me that question was easier). Thankfully, Brynn was happy with "God puts them there." And today, when a lady at the park commented to her that she was getting big, well, Brynn made a not so nice comment about the lady's weight. I was mortified and speechless and didn't want to make a scene so I talked with her a few minutes later when we were alone but I don't know if I handled it right. Ugh. Hours later I still have a knot in my stomach.

Is it because she is a girl or because she is Brynn? Either way, I think know I am in trouble!

No comments: