Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Fundraising and Family Size



So P comes home all excited because he has homework for the first time and proceeds to pull out the catalog of things to sell for his school's fundraiser and a brochure of all the cool prizes he can earn if he sells a zillion things...

I explained to him that we have a small extended family, that his brother C was selling the same items and would need his fair share of sales and that most people where Daddy and Mommy work have kids in his school (we work for the school system) so chances are he would not be earning any of the "cool" prizes.

A minute later P told me that he wanted us to "adopt another boy or girl from China." I though the comment came out of the blue until I realized that he had focused in on my "small family" explanation and was trying to add to his customer base.

He definitely takes after his dad.

2 comments:

Denise said...

We had 3 fundraiser envelopes come home this week and next year it will be 4...I feel your pain!

Anonymous said...

I sometimes forget to check, but I am never disappointed. Thanks for doing this. Whenever I miss you, I can read about your adventures. Sounds like a fun and busy summer! Maybe I'll start a blog too someday! MISS YOU ALWAYS! Meg