Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Collector...

endsept_2009 013

Since Nyah began climbing in and out of her crib this week (the first of my kids to ever do that), I decided to set up the toddler bed and have her make the big move last night. I left up the crib so in case Nyah got an attitude about it, I could just move the mattress back. At bedtime last night I tucked Nyah into her new bed with her Dora doll (her choice; I think this one is actually a little scary looking) and she smiled and closed her eyes.

I knew with Nyah's personality that I would need to keep an eye on her until she fell asleep. I went to brush my teeth and came back to see Nyah still in bed, but now with her were many of her favorite "collecting" toys and bags.

sept23_09 001

I did not get a picture of it but she also had put on her Dora sneakers.

sept23_09 002

Notice the Dora doll has been relocated as well. At least she put the toy she was playing with first away.

I do also want to make note that while I drool over the P*ttery B*rn catalog each month and I would love to be one of those moms that can create and maintain a beautiful kids' bedroom, I really can only manage to pull off "cute but cluttery" and these picture don't even show that. But we are talking about Nyah, so of course, there is a reason. She has a cute purple comforter and a cat print pillowcase that matches her sister's bed but she prefers her Dora pillow and Sp*nge B*b blanket. But as you can see here she is using a spare pillow case and her brother's VT blanket. Miss fiercely independent has decided recently that she wants to change her wet pull-ups herself and when I leave the room to let her do so, she has been replacing her pull-ups with her sister's underwear and I only find out after the puddles appear on the floor or in her bed. Poor Brynn has had to have yet one more thing "hidden" so her sister can't find it! Nyah will go on the potty if I put her there; the problem is that she will also go any other time she feels like it, even 10 minutes after a potty trip. UGH!

She is taking a nap right now in her new bed and the crib has come down. And she is still surrounded by her stuff.

No comments: