Today was the first day of school for the older four! It is very quiet around here though I have to say that today that is pretty nice. By the end of the week, when the house is clean and things and life is organized again, I'm not sure how it will be. So on with a few pictures from this morning...
Here is Brynn, in the shirt I really bought as a joke (on clearance) and figured she might wear it someday when I had slacked on laundry. Well she wore it a few weeks ago and apparently must have liked the reaction she got from others because that was the shirt she picked out for today. She told me it would make her classmates laugh so I reminded her that her classmates don't read. She memorized the phrase so she can tell them what it says though I'm still thinking only the adults will get it.
I'm picturing wild, loud Brynn surrounded by a bunch of skirt/dress wearing quiet angelic girls! She has now been at school for just over 5 hours and no call yet so things must be going okay. She was nervous this morning, asking me several times if I was going to go on the bus with her and saying that she was scared because she did not know anyone. When I told her she would make friends, she was better. I think she will be quite happy at snack time when she sees her new Hann*h Mont*na lunch box; even though her towel for nap time is also Hann*h Mont*na, I am not sure she will be so fond of having to take a rest. We practiced her six-digit lunch number last night and unbelievably, she remembered it this morning; this is the girl who cannot ever remember one of her best friend's names!
Last night I asked Evan if he was nervous and he said, "Yes." I asked him why and he said, "I am worried about Price because he only knows one person in his class." Aww. Then Evan got up this morning and said he did not want to go and that his stomach hurt. A little sympathy and the stomach ache went away but he was bouncing off the walls until the bus came. He wanted to wear a UVA shirt today because his teacher apparently made a big deal out of his UVA shirt at Open House; he flat out refused to wear a VT one today! Trying to please the teacher already ~ guess I better stock up on UVA outfits. Here he is sporting the compromise, his Yankee's jersey...
Price didn't act the slightest big worried about school today though over the weekend he kept saying he was nervous. Since we could not say, "But so & so is in your class..." because we really don't know anyone in there, we have been talking up how great his teacher is (and she is good) to the point that Evan is now asking if he will ever have the chance to have Mrs. L. Price was very excited to wear his new LCHS jersey (our last name is on the back); it is hard to get him to take it off to wash it! Oh, and he lost his top front tooth last week, just in time for all the start of school pictures... I love it!!
Caleb was very mellow this morning. And uncooperative with the photographer. All my pictures of him are mugshots. I think by his senior year they will all be of his rear license plate. He would not admit to any nervousness though. He is in a great class with so many familiar faces.
Here they all NOT cooperating for a group picture. Really, after all the school supply organizing, the check writing, the paper-filling-out, the lunch making, the lunch-number drilling, and all the rest I have done to make this day go well, don't you think they owed me one, just ONE, decent group picture?? Obviously they did not think so!
And then they climbed aboard and were off to school; Brynn did turn around for one or two last waves though...
Nyah doesn't seem to notice they are gone (I don't think that smile is because she has me all to herself) and thankfully I haven't had to keep her entertained by myself because this morning we were at a brunch a friend held in honor of the 1st day of school. It was a lot of fun.
Now I am off to straighten up a summer's worth of shoving things in the most convenient cabinet that had room to hide our junk. I'll post about the first few days, well, in a few days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment