Price ~
Evan ~
Evan also played basketball this season and we were very excited for him. Initially the league required players to be 5 years old AND in Kindergarten so we did not think he was eligible but at the last minute the rules changed. I think he was 1/2 the height of all the other players but somehow that didn't stop him. He was quite a ball handler and loved it. He hated taking his turn sitting the bench. I think he wore his jersey to bed the night before the first game.
Evan continues to amaze us with his mathematical brain. He told his Grandpa the other day that it must be 7:42 since Grandpa told him I would be there to pick him up in 18 minutes and today in the car he was doing simple multiplication problems. He is 100% ready to go to school and I know he will enjoy being around the other kids his age... I am not sure he loves being the only boy at home this year. Evan continues to try to be a great big brother to Nyah... helping out and playing with her a lot. She clearly loves him... last night she spotted him walking on the other side of the ballfield and yelled her version of Evan until he met her at the bleachers. Evan also continues to be the most cuddly of the kids... bedtime stretches out for him because he has to get up and come give kisses and hugs a few times before he crashes from exhaustion.
Brynn ~Ah, Brynn. She is definitely our biggest challenge in recent months but she has such passion and enthusiasm for whatever she is doing at the moment that it is hard to be frustrated with her for too long. Over the winter months she continued to go to dance class. She is similar to Caleb in her interests though... dedicated to what she is involved with at the moment but once she moves on to the next activity, the other is history... in other words, outside of dance class, she does not practice dance.
Brynn continues to be a chatterbox, though now that she has started speech classes 2 days a week, along with all the practice she gets 16 hours a day, we understand more and more. Brynn is still trying to figure out her place in the family since Nyah arrived. In some ways, it seems to me that Brynn was born to be an only child, but since that is not reality, we are trying to make an extra effort to make sure she gets alone time with me. It never seems to be enough because as soon as that time is over she is immediately back to behaviors that demand my sole attention but I hope it is. She is obsessed with China and I think that a return trip to visit might need to happen sooner than we initially planned. She is a funny girl and frequently makes us laugh with some of her fashion choices ~ lately it has been winter hats in 90+ degree weather. She is much braver than I am and I love that she brings smiles to others' faces with her silliness. Brynn also tends to ask embarrassing questions and discuss body parts loudly in public and I only find some of that funny once it is over. :) Brynn loves to help out around the house, bandaids, horses, and worms. And goggles, still goggles. The pool opens May 23rd and she will be there ready to go!
Nyah still has her own blog so for now, her updates are there.
We are up to our armpits in Spring activities now so there will be baseball and soccer pictures by the weekend!








1 comment:
I love the photo of Evan on the slide. Did you see Stephen in the photo of basketball his face:) Looks like he just got a sholder to the eye:) Oops Lol!!!
Post a Comment