While preparing for Nyah to join us this summer, I came up with two new blog headers so our family blog could get a makeover. I liked them both for different reasons but decided on this one since it allowed for each child to have his/her own picture and seemed less busy (don't laugh too loudly on that... I know five kids makes everything busy but really this is the less busy of the two). The other had three frames and then I would have had to have successful group shots to showcase everybody. What was I thinking!?? First of all, getting more than 2 children to pose nicely is a feat in itself but I can hear the arguments now over who gets to be in the picture with Nyah... this layout may lead to arguments over who has the bigger picture and again, why so and so is next to so, and so I guess there really is no easy solution but it was easy to find great individual shots of the kids. There is so much chaos here right now I am even trying to control it on the blog... gee whiz!
And the best picture of Doug and I is the one from last summer, post 5K race. Rather than attempt a new one, I'm hoping seeing it regularly will give me inspiration for our upcoming 1/2 marathon in November. Running is not much fun but finishing a race is so now I will be reminded of that each time I post... and I promise to continue posting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Okay, I LOVE the new look and when you get the time I want you to help me design a new look for my blog.
Call me when you are ready to do something.......
Love, love the new look...hey, looks very similar to ours...ok, it's a tie now!!
Hey Kate,
I followed you to China, I tried to respond a few times but I wasnt very blog friendly. I hope I figured it all out now:) I just want to say I think you guys are great for sharing your story. It was also cool to hear doug's side on things. I have followed a few blogs & havent seen much of the guys view so it was nice he could be so open & honest. Glad you are all adjusting & mananging the madness:) See ya on the field!
Sarah C
Post a Comment