Thursday, March 1, 2012

How I Picture { sweetness and love }

Time for the monthly "How I Picture" post and the blog circle. This month the theme is sweetness and love. Seems like even though this is the month of hearts and chocolate, most of my pictures were taken at the boys' basketball games. Not a lot of sweetness there, even though they love the game.

DSC_1968web

I procrastinated a bit too long trying to get pictures and technically, these are not my best. I am happy that I was able to get at least some of what I was looking for, which was my "older" children with the baby of the family, Jessa. I was able to catch 3 of them outside on a beautiful, warm winter day.

DSC_1929web

When I found out I was pregnant, and up until I brought Jessa home from the hospital almost 13 months ago, I knew that our family was in for a year of adjustments. I expected indifference from the oldest child and downright jealousy from my 4 year old and something in between from the others by adding a baby into the mix.

DSC_1972web

As it turns out, I had nothing to worry about. In all the craziness of the year one of the biggest blessings has been the total lack of indifference and jealousy; instead I have been witness a special sweetness & love between siblings that I had not seen before. I think this time adding to our family hit each older sibling at the perfect age for their personalities.


Nyah and Jessa are practically inseparable when they are together and she loves to help out with her, Brynn always loves to play with Jessa and try to make her laugh, Evan loves to rough house with her and no matter how crazy she gets, she seems to love it, Price can always be counted on to watch out for her safety, and Caleb is almost always willing to watch her for a minute or two when I ask. They all giggle, laugh, and get excited with every milestone she hits. She is treated like a princess around here.

DSC_1922web

Today she was walking everywhere independently so it may be a matter of days before she gets into everyone's stuff so I will enjoy the sweetness and love while it lasts!

Check out the other 11 in my fabulous group by heading over to Toya Early Photography for her "How I Picture Sweetness and Love" blog entry! Enjoy!


1 comment:

sarah c said...

Jessa is one very lucky girl. What a lovely post. And here's to thinking you will be just as surprised when she start's walking that she wont be into every one's things ;)