Sunday, March 15, 2009

Welcome to the Terrible Twos!

DSC_0076

Nyah turned two this weekend ~ her first birthday with our family! When she was in China, we sent her a cake for her 1st birthday and in the pictures, she is crying until the eating part started. This year, there was no fear of the birthday cakes! I think she enjoyed both the traditions - the blowing out of candles, the presents, and the singing - and the eating! I wrote more about our celebration on her blog and put more pictures there since that blog is where I am recording most of the details of her first year home... http://www.soon2bseven.blogspot.com/. Stop by and say hi!

(I suppose I could have called this post "Welcome to the Terrific Twos!" but, well, I have decided in this case optimism won't help. Nyah has become quiet a little tantrum thrower lately if things don't go exactly her way... like if we tell her she can't hit or kick or if we tell her to share or if we tell her to wait a second before we pick her up. I see a lot of time-outs in the near future and a lot of will power needed to not ease up when tears fill those big brown eyes!)

3 comments:

From Grind To Whine said...

I LOVE her birthday dress! So cute!! Happy Birthday, Nyah!!

the mommy said...

Hmm it sounds very familiar LOL it must be a Wanzai girl trait. Sophia turns 2 next week and has a lot of those same behaviors..

Nyah is precious no matter what.. :)

Susan

kim said...

Your pictures are so cute! Nyah looks "fab" in the glasses too!