So what have we been up to? Well we are 1/2 way to meeting our new little one… I’m 20 weeks along and since I have never made it to a due date, it is probably less than 20 weeks before he or she arrives. WE just had our 20 week ultrasound last week and everything looked good so that s probably our last glimpse until February. The 2nd trimester has been much better than the first… over the shock, excited to see ultrasounds and feeling a growing baby in there, a little bit more energy though this pregnancy has been far more tiring than the other ones, and daily questions from Brynn which drive me crazy but at the same time are very sweet. We are not finding out the sex of the baby this time and I have enjoyed that except when it comes to picking out names… we are very undecided and it is driving me crazy that I am spending all this time coming up with a girl name and a boy name knowing I will eventually only use one! We actually have three in mind for a boy and I think we would be happy with any of them. As far as a girl name, well we can’t agree on anything. I left that final ultrasound last week thinking the baby is a girl; Doug thinks the baby is a boy. This picture is my favorite from the ultrasounds… taken at 16 weeks:
The kids have been doing GREAT in school. Their interim reports were fantastic. Price, Evan and Brynn like school but hate the bus ride. It is about an hour in the afternoon and from what it sounds like, it could be shorter if there wasn’t the need for daily fussing at noisy students. Brynn recently lost her first tooth...the day before school pictures! She was so excited! Tiniest tooth I have ever seen; seemed about half the size of the hole it left!
I have been most impressed at how Caleb has transitioned to middle school. He is doing very well and for the first time ever, drum roll please, has met his reading goal!! I am so proud of him! When I was his age I could not get enough of Nancy Drew books and he has been bitten by the Hardy Boys series. Perhaps not the most challenging to read but he is reading, LOTS! He is also playing flag football again… it is a fun way for him to be involved and the relaxed atmosphere is a blessing. He is also running cross country for the middle school though he has had shin splint issues all season… just like I did when I started running and from what I hear, just like his uncle when he ran in high school. He just went to the doctor today and his shoe inserts should be ready next week; hopefully they will help.
More later this week!









1 comment:
So glad you resurfaced. Glad everyone is doing well. I guess by the look of the babys photo (it) heard (it) was not supposed to show (its) sex. LOL!
Post a Comment