Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer OVER??

I think it is so sad to think of summer as over and I suppose technically it is not, even though school started last Monday, which means we are all in different directions most of each day.

Caleb started at the middle school this year (6th grade) and so far, so good. I think he secretly likes that I am there three days a week, for more than just the ride to school I provide! He was so nervous the first day I didn't even make him pose for a picture and by the time he gets home from cross country practice each afternoon, we are into the dinner-homework-bed routine and I forget to take a picture. Maybe later this week...

school

Price, Evan, and Brynn started at a new school this year and while they were all a bit sad to not be returning to TJES, they have adjusted well. Thankfully the bus only picks them up 10 minutes earlier than it used to even though the ride is much longer, so getting Brynn up hasn't been too painful. They do get home 40 minutes later which is great for me not to have to rush home but it also means Brynn takes a nap which keeps her up late in the evening. This picture was when they came home from school.

Nyah_preschool


Nyah started preschool today. She has been carrying her Tinkerbell lunch box everywhere for the last two weeks in anticipation. She did great... no tears shed on either end. I think she will love it. She starts speech services tomorrow so she now has activities each day of the week (dance class on Mondays)... a busy schedule for a busy girl!

Here are a few pictures from the 2nd part of the of the summer because even though it was over in a blink of an eye, we did have lots of fun and some big accomplishments I want to remember:

brynn_bike

Brynn can now ride her bike sans training wheels, thanks again to cousin Josh who really should go into business teaching kids to ride on two wheels!

Nyah4blog2

Nyah has been very into decorating... LARGE tattoos on her face... creative drawings all over her new furniture. I don't mind the tattoos; not so thrilled about the other.

Nyah4blog

But on a good note, Nyah is potty-trained ~ the easiest one yet!

calebswim2

Caleb finished his first swim season with the regional meet at UVA.

calebSWIM

He had a GREAT season. We are looking forward to next summer's season already.

evan4blog

Evan's cast and splint are gone and though his arm is a few shades paler than the rest of his body, all seems good!

wordless2


wordless1


Price really still is a member of the family but pictures of Price are few and far between. Maybe because he is alway on the go, maybe because he runs from the camera, and maybe because all the hair on his head won't fit in a picture, lol. I'll have to work on chasing him down. But he did leave me the two notes above one day.

Jul232010_1073

One weekend Brynn, Caleb and I headed to D.C. for the 10th annual, though our first, LalaFUlooza ~ a gathering of children (and their families) adopted from the same orphanage in China (Fuzhou). We have a blast in spite of the heat during the touring part and I have a feeling we will make attending them in the future a priority; they  take place in a different part of the country each year. These pictures crack me up because they were both being so goofy at the opening party.

Jul232010_1088

More to come later this week including some stories about our newest adventure...

1 comment:

sarah said...

So nice to catch up on your family again.