Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Weekend Madness...

hallow1

What a busy weekend we had! Saturday morning was spent at ballfields; Caleb has a football game, Evan had a soccer game, and Price had two soccer games. They the Halloween festivities began...

oct31_09 060

Brynn was a Dragon Ninja. She decided the morning of that she wanted to have dragons painted on her cheeks; she has not figured out that her parents lack artistic skills. We did our best, though it wasn't long before her face was one big red and black smear. The right cheek was Doug's. I have no pictures of the one I did, but it was MUCH better, really it was, no matter what Doug says...

oct31_09 082

Price was a ninja too... one with claws. He enjoyed trick-or-treating but by the end of the evening, was worn out, but not so much that he refused an invitation to spend the night at his friend's house... such a social butterfly.

oct31_09 063

Caleb was a ninja all in white. I think he liked the costume because of the sword. He hides when my camera is out so this was one of the few pictures he is in. I just knew he would have the ketchup & mustard from his hot dog all over his white costume but he proved me wrong!

oct31_09 070

Evan decided to be Capt. America and while I actually really liked his costume, I was surprised by his choice since I have never once heard the words "Captain America" in our house prior to ordering the costume. Evan manages Halloween the same way he handles other tasks that interest him... full force. He will be the child, like I was, who in middle school changes costumes after round one and goes out again for round two. I think he had the neighborhood done before the rest of us finished the first street. I love that the mask had ear holes!

Nyah

Nyah was Tinkerbell on Halloween (and a ladybug fairy at her music class earlier in the week). Now if I had spent money on a costume for her, I know she would have refused to wear it when the time came to head out the door so I was very thankful for friends' hand-me-downs! She loved going door to door and the candy. She HATED the masks that others wore.

oct31_09 076

This picture makes me laugh... it would appear that I have one girly-girl and one tomboy and that the girls get a long well. In reality, Nyah likes some girly things but she is wild, mischievous and loves to fight with her brothers, Brynn is not really a tomboy ~ she just has an appreciation for strong and powerful females (and a strong dislike for princesses), and while the girls get along better now than they ever had, it is still only about 40% of the time.

oct31_09 091

We had a few friends over for a "picnic" before heading door to door. Our neighborhood, one of the few around with houses close together, is crazy on Halloween but it is always fun. Even in damp, dreary, misty weather.

Evans6thbday 024

Evan turned 6 Sunday and we had a party planned that included about 25 children. For the first time in our party planning history, the weather did not cooperate. We have had parties with a few drops of rain or a quickly moving thunderstorm in the middle but Sunday, it just rained all day long. A quick change in plans put us at the local rec. center for 2 hours. The kids had fun running around and playing ball in the gym.

Evans6thbday 004

The room with the food was very crowded but we survived and bonus, we didn't have to clean the house afterwards! The downside was I didn't get many pictures with the room being so packed.

Evans6thbday 012

Evan went with a sports theme (again) for the cake - soccer this year. If Evan had a mother who doesn't wait until the last minute, there probably would have been more theme related stuff but I could not bring myself to go to a party store two days before Halloween so whatever I found at W*lm*rt was what it is... not sure he noticed anyway. He had a great time and that is what matters! Remember above when I wrote that Evan does everything he is interested in full-force? That is why this picture makes me laugh:

Evans6thbday 014

After the party Doug and I squeezed in a 12-mile run (was raining too hard to do it in the morning) in the dark... our last long run before our half-marathon on the 14th. I now need another weekend to recover!

No comments: