We were so busy last weekend I am still trying to recover!
On Saturday we had to split up to cover the morning events. I drew the t-ball straw so I was able to watch Evan and Brynn's first t-ball game of the season... team Storm... kinda ironic considering Evan is afraid of even rain showers. Brynn told me she wishes the name was Thunder because that is a cooler name. But other than that, she LOVES t-ball... and I have never seen her participate more fully in an activity. Not once did she ask to use the potty, yell at me and wave, or play in the dirt. Evan played with his typical enthusiasm... going after every ball hit and trying to not just hit the ball, but to send it into orbit.
At the same time, Caleb was racing his soap-box derby race. Brynn, Evan, Nyah, and I tried to catch some of it after the game but he was eliminated about 50 minutes into our 55 minute ride there, in round three (he won the first two rounds and the 1st heat of round 3). He was disappointed but he did really well. These pictures are from Doug's cell phone and my mom's camera... I am so glad they got pictures since I missed him racing.
After that we had Caleb's baseball team's picnic at the lake. I should have taken pictures. There were great photo ops. The kids had a GREAT time and I think would have stayed all night.
Sunday was Father's Day and we headed out with family to eat lunch. Look ~ I got both girls in dresses. Brynn couldn't wait to put on shorts but she LOVED the headband.
After lunch it was pool time. Joyous news ~ I am now 5 for 5 for independent swimmers ~ yes even Nyah prefers to not hang on and to go, go, go. I am never too far away though. It is just so nice not having someone yanking on my bathing suit for all the hours we spend at the pool. Yeah for me!
We ended the day with a picnic at Jen and Lee's house and especially enjoyed the s'mores. We tried them with Re*ses PB Cups. YUM!
This week I am finishing up teaching summer school (Algebra I at the high school) in the mornings. It has been fun to get out the house but it also has helped me appreciate being able to stay home with the kids.
We are all running in a race on Saturday ~ Doug and I in a 5K, the four older kids in a 1-mile race (though I may have to run it with Brynn), and Nyah in a Tot Trot if she is willing. This should be interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I'm glad bryn likes T-ball so much. Also glad Nyah likes to swim on her own. Yea you!!!!!
Love the photo of the girls.
Post a Comment