Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring has Sprung for the S Family!

I’ve been a very slack blogger. Way too much going on around here and it doesn’t seem to be slowing up. In typical “S” family fashion we are once again making several huge changes all at once… we don’t do things one at a time around here. Anyway, things should get calmer somewhat starting May 24th. Well, then again, that is the day after school gets out so maybe calmer isn’t the right word since four kids around the house all day long is pretty hectic… but our overall schedule as far as needing to be here, there, and everywhere all the time should mellow out a bit.

So here are a few recent pictures… and a few explanations.



~ Doug all dressed up for a job interview… starting July 1 he will be principal of our local high school where he is now the Athletic Director. Doesn’t he clean up well?!!

~ Sports pictures of the boys. Caleb is playing baseball again. Price is back playing soccer again though I brought the camera last week to his game but forgot the batteries! Evan just enjoys outside and playing every sport all the time… he is going to be beyond thrilled once he can play t-ball this summer.

~ Brynn being her goofy self… I finally got the laundry caught up and now the basket is full again! Actually, she was hiding from me after a bath and while I didn’t find her ;) , I did find a very lumpy towel on the floor so I just put it in the laundry basket. And Brynn writing her name on the driveway… well her version of the name. She always gets the B and the N’s but she writes only 4 letters so she can be “Bynn” or “Brnn” depending on the day. And posing with her favorite hair accessory, a batting helmet - her choice of a "toy" at the store. And I know it is small but the picture of her mid-tantrum because Price is on her car... well, she is definitely 3! Luckily for us, the magical 4 is just 1 1/2 months away!

~ The man with the tractor is our dear neighbor who owns the piece of land in-between his house and ours and has never fussed, not even once, about having to stop a zillion times to move our kids' outside toys out of his way to mow. We try, but we just can’t keep it all on our side of the grass. We are blessed to have very patient neighbors and ones that raised six kids themselves so I am sure they know what it is like to live in chaos.

~ Okay, my favorite though it is hard to see. Every parent thinks their kids are bright and I think mine are pretty smart though some days I question that… did Evan and Price really think that a golf ball retriever and a tennis racket would protect them from boss Brynn being in control of the hose? Did they consider just running away? Or even finding an umbrella or a garbage can lid???

That’s all for now! Nothing but waiting on the adoption front except I anticipate September travel.

Kate

1 comment:

Karen and The Nite Cru said...

Love the photos. You must teach how to do that collage. Isn't funny how one girl can whip up on three boys. Life is good.