Monday, March 24, 2008

Is your family from Alaska??

No, we are not. But we were asked that yesterday. We were at the beach and three of our four children, along with their cousin, decided that swimming in the ocean at 5:30pm was a fun activity. Notice how the people in the background are dressed...

There is a freeze warning tonight if that gives any indication that things aren't exactly tropical around here.

Taking a break from ball playing and digging in the sand for a cute photo with dad. I didn't even bring towels along because I thought that would be the extent of the evening beach activities.

They went in much more than this... up to at least their bellybuttons. I was too worried about having to go in after them to take pictures at that point. BRRRRRR.

This might be the only time in his entire life... past, present, and future... that I call Evan my sane child. My wild child decided to stay dry but I think the high schoolers playing catch on the beach had something to do with it. After all, Evan does think he is 16.

She wanted to go out just as far as the boys. Obviously she thought the arm floaties that keep her afloat in the pool were simply not necessary in salt water because she tantrumed when I told her she couldn't swim out to her brothers.

She is darn cute isn't she... saggy bathing suit bottom and all! Those goggles fit in this picture but not so much in the Easter egg hunt pictures and the Wii bowling pictures I took earlier in the day. She loves those things even though she uses them more as a hair accessory than for eye protection since she doesn't put her face underwater. Looks like Goggle Girl will be back again this summer along with the laughter when she wears them out for walks, to restaurants, and to the grocery store.

Kate

2 comments:

Denise said...

Glad you are having some needed time away! And it looks like everyone is having fun.

I leave on Thursday and Sunday is Maggie day...I can't believe this is actually happening~

Amy said...

These must be pics from last summer...It appears that you and Doug are trying to make your kids seem crazy! Not very nice Kate!