Thursday, December 13, 2007

Brynn's Holiday

“Decorated”

“Not decorated”

“Decorated”

“Not decorated”

“Decorated”

“Awesome”

Candles in a window does not classify a house as decorated by the way but the taillights of hundreds of cars headed home from Christmas shopping does. Yesterday in the car she announced the need for us to decorate our car because it would be “cool!” She wants to know when we are going to decorate our house like the houses she sees where the electric bill must be thousands of dollars for the month of December. She wants to decorate her preschool.

She is loving the holiday season. And I am loving her loving it.

I am also thrilled that in 7 days, at her preschool Christmas performance, I may know more words to the song she has been singing when she is not on her decorated/not decorated kick.
“Mary had a baby, Oh Lord” repeated over, and over, and over, and over, and over is almost all we get. Once in a while we get a “Name him Jesus, Oh Lord” thrown in. Not that she would let us sing with her if I even learned the rest; she lets you know she is a solo act.

And have I said before how loud Brynn is, all the time? I often think I need to get her hearing checked because I don't think she understands the term "inside voice." At least this season she is sharing a wonderful message to everyone within ½ a mile when she is singing her carols and not bringing on evil looks with her tantrums.

Kate

No comments: